Comments from our nutritionist, Yunman Liu:
There are no definitive answers as to why women experience a range of symptoms during the seven to ten days before their periods, including why some crave chocolate, despite the research on hormone regulation, mineral needs, or psychological factors.
However, what you want is at least weight maintenance.
- About 1 week before period, check and make sure there are no inducing snacks around you
- Candies, ice creams, potato chips, cookies, soft drinks, alcohol, butter popcorns, etc. especially when they are in giant bags or bottles
- Some snacks such as dried fruits and nuts can be tricky now and recommended not to be around
- At home or office, in the fridge or purse, etc.
- Prepare only 7 pieces of miniature dark chocolate
- At most 1 piece per day just in case that you can’t hold it
- Tag your fridge – “how much do you weigh?”
- Focus on activities that has nothing to do with eating
- Moving is better than sitting which may increase the chance of eating
- Plan your favorite activities to reward your self-discipline
More details are from the following link: